This policy applies to your use of:
- Our Decoration One Site is hosted on decoration-one.com which can be accessed via desktop or mobile web or mobile application or platform (“Site”), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the Site onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
- Any of the services accessible through the Site (Services) Site or other sites of ours (Services Sites). This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children without proper parental consent. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Important information and who we are
Decoration One LLC is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Company“, “we“, “us” or “our” in this policy).
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Decoration One Co. Ltd.
- Sally Baalbaki Co-Founder and Chief Operation Office
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: 346-11181 Amman / Jordan
- Telephone number: +962795831313
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the competent supervisory authority.
This version was last updated on 6th of September 2020. It may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by SMS OR by email OR when you next open the Site. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the Site or the Services.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
Third party links
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as Contact and Location
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data.
- Contact Data.
- Financial Data.
- Transaction Data.
- Device Data.
- Content Data.
- Profile Data.
- Usage Data.
- Marketing and Communications Data.
- Location Data
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal data collected?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information (including Identity, Contact, Financial, and Marketing and Communications Data) you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to any of our Services, search for a Site Service, Site share data via social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with the Site or any of our Services. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
- Location Data. We also use GPS technology and other location technologies to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling Location Data in your settings.
- Information we receive from other sources including third parties and publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources] as set out below :
- Device Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers;
- advertising networks and
- search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources ; and
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented before the processing.
- Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only send you direct marketing communications by email or text if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
|Purpose/activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To Site register you as a new Site user||
|To process in-Site purchases and deliver Services including managing payments and collecting money owed to us||
Marketing and Communications
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the Site or any Services||
Marketing and Communications
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep records updated and to analyze how customers use our products/ Services)
Necessary to comply with legal obligations (to inform you of any changes to our terms and conditions)
|To enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||
Marketing and Communications
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to analyse how customers use our products/Services and to develop them and grow our business)
|To administer and protect our business and this Site including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing||
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security)|
To deliver content and advertisements to you
To make recommendations to you about goods or services which may interest you
To measure and analyze the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you
To monitor trends so we can improve the Site
Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/Services and grow our business)
Disclosures of your personal data
When you consent to providing us with your personal data, we will also ask you for your consent to share your personal data with the third parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table [Purposes for which we will use your personal data]:
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the [Glossary].
- External Third Parties as set out in the [Glossary].
- [DETAILS OF ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURES.]
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of Jordan, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts which provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
Please contact us if you want further information regarding transferring your personal data out of Jordan.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using [application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML5).
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see [Your legal rights] below for further information.
In some circumstances we will anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Consent means processing your personal data where you have signified your agreement by a statement or clear opt-in to processing for a specific purpose. Consent will only be valid if it is a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of what you want. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
Internal third parties
Other companies in the Decoration One Website acting as joint controllers or processors and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
External third parties
Service providers [acting as processors] who provide [IT and system administration services].
Professional advisers [acting as processors or joint controllers] including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide [consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services]. Regulators and other authorities.
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Description of categories of personal data
- Identity Data: [first name, last name, maiden name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender].
- Contact Data: [billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers].
- Financial Data: [bank account and payment card details].
- Transaction Data: includes [details about payments to and from you and details of in-Site purchases].
- Device Data: includes [the type of mobile device you use,] [a unique device identifier [(for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device)],] [mobile network information,] [your mobile operating system,] [the type of mobile browser you use,] [time zone setting,] [OTHER INFORMATION].
- Content Data: includes information stored on your Device, including [friends’ lists,] [login information,] [photos, videos or other digital content,] [check-ins,] [OTHER INFORMATION].
- Profile Data: includes [your username and password, in-Site purchase history, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses].
- Usage Data: includes details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, [traffic data [and other communication data],] whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise [and the resources that you access].
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
Location Data: includes [your current location disclosed by GPS technology or other location technologies.